Saturday, August 2, 2008

Revenge of the Nice Guy...


I, Fathom 9--am as I have come to believe, no! I know this to be true... I am in the wake of an internal storm...a Tempest that must lay waste to what was, and usher in the dawn of a day renewed. In this hour I am in the lab forging what is not to be my magnum opus {hopefully}--but rather, a testament for a screaming soul; a soul seeking to express its own voice, a voice of many-housed in the vessel of one. Know that I am more than merely an emcee, more than a producer; I am a conduit of articulation for the Universe, and within me exists power that up until recently I have feared to embrace. I am weary residing in the shadows of my own discovery of self, and I am worth more than I have allowed myself to be. May this project be a catalyst for the Dawn of My Own Becoming--- As an artist, I have toiled with the notion that perhaps no one wished to hear what I had to say, perhaps no one cared for what I have to share. This has and shall always remain a possibility. But, what does it matter? If my sole purpose was to perform/produce music and art for the potential of platinum pursuits, there would be little need for me to exist in that capacity. I have a far greater task before me, and more so--a responsibility to self and All to bring forth the gifts I have been blessed to have. This of course, is no greater or lesser than any other; we each have our varying gifts. But for too long have I allowed my own fears to consume me--beginning projects I knew I would never complete, and my only excuse was that I felt no one wanted to hear what I had to say. This is why Revenge of the Nice Guy is so very important. The very nature of this project is to challenge myself to go beyond whatever limits I have set for myself. This project is allowing me to be as FREE as I wish to be, while offering me a point of focus and discipline. This space will document my journey, and bear witness to the process of bringing this expressive entity into existence. Won't you join me...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am excited to know that your journey seems to have lead you exactly where you should be. You are a single note that becomes a song...beat, hook, and verse.

Brotherhood of Doom said...

Back in the laboratory!